The only native Web & Application Server for RPG and Cobol on IBM-i™
IceBreak is easy to learn because you can reuse existing legacy business logic and programming skills. IceBreak creates genuine IBM i™ objects with no additional scripting or overhead. The innovative technology allows an easy integration and web enablement of existing 5250 applications. With IceBreak you can build any type of web application – and integrate to any web based solution or unit.
IceBreak is delivered with a built-in Web Server and Web Application Server. It’s easy to install – no additional software, hardware or configuration is needed.
Web application development made easy
IceBreak is easy to learn because you can reuse existing legacy business logic and programming skills. The built-in wizards, templates and conversion tools facilitate the development.
IceBreak is a powerful Web application server that provides a highly reliable, manageable, and scalable Web application infrastructure for the IBM i™. IceBreak runs natively on IBM i™, iSeries, and AS/400 running V5R2 or higher and helps organizations increase Web site and application availability while lowering system administration costs.
- Easy to learn – first results ready within 1 hour!
- Utilization of existing legacy business logic and programming skills
- Wizards, templates and conversion tools speed up development
- Program business logic is developed independent of the HTML presentation layer
Powerful Application server
- High performance, even on the smallest IBM i™
- Built-in Web Server and Web Application Server
- No additional software, hardware or configuration needed
- Framework available for creating a document portal
- Creation of authentic IBM i™ objects with no additional scripting or overhead
- Deployment of Web Applications using RPG, COBOL, embedded SQL or XML
- Easy integration and web enablement of existing ILE 5250 applications
- Publication of existing Query/400 reports on the Internet
A native Web Development Environment for IBM i™
Icebreak has an integrated development feature that allows developers to build and deploy Web applications using RPG, COBOL, C++ and even CLP. Technologies like SQL, XHTML, XML, Web Services, and AJAX are part of the toolbox.
IceBreak allows the separation of program business logic from the user interface developed in HTML, XHTML, or XML.
No Java, No Apache, No WebSphere... Just IceBreak!
IceBreak is middleware for IBM i™
IceBreak integrates the ILE environment into the newest Web technology, with no need for additional hardware or software. Between TCP/IP and the native i operating system - IceBreak runs RPG and COBOL programs that are real IBM i™ program objects.
IceBreak is a powerful advanced application server and does not require CGI, Java, PHP, Apache, WebSphere (WAS), PASE, WebFacing, HATS, or third-party generator tools. IceBreak is the future Web development for the ILE environment on IBM i™.
The key aspects of IceBreak™
One of the key aspects of IceBreak is that users can develop their HTML screens in any development tool, including Visual Studio, RDi, or even a simple text editor like Notepad++. The actual HTML files are developed in the third-party HTML editor of your choice. The IceBreak development and runtime components handle the integration of HTML with the RPG or COBOL source. IceBreak actually borrows many aspects of the integrated ASP.NET-IIS development and runtime combo. "The syntax used in IceBreak, is the same as you've got in ASP and just like in .NET. IceBreak has “Just In Time” compiler technology as design is similar to way that IIS is designed.